This is not the most recent version of this page.
Please click here to view the current version.
Late ad clearance
We’ll help get your ads to air on time
Under our standard service levels, it takes up to two days for us to respond when you’ve submitted a TV ad for clearance.
However, we know sometimes you need to get ads cleared faster. Perhaps you’re advertising a time-sensitive product like a newspaper or simply making late changes to the content of an ad.
In these situations, we can accept and clear your ad with the following day dependant differences:
- From Monday to Thursday, we’ll approve your ad so it can be broadcast that evening and up to 10am the following day.
- On Fridays, we’ll approve your ad so it can be broadcast that evening and up to 10am the following Monday.
If you have an ad that requires this sort of clearance, please let your Clearcast contact know. Then once your ad is ready, it must be fully uploaded into our Adway system by 5pm on the day in question.
This gives us time to clear the ad, make technical checks and provide clearance to the broadcaster in good time.
Getting clearance after 5pm
If you need a late clearance but are unable to provide your ad by 5pm, we may still be able to provide clearance that evening.
If you require this service, you must let your contact know by 3pm so we can confirm whether we have staff available.
However, please note:
- We cannot guarantee this service will be available
- We can only do this by arrangement
- There is a charge of £250 + VAT per clock up to six clocks
- There is a charge of £1,500 + VAT for
6+versions of the same ad
- There is a charge of £250 + VAT per clock for ads for different products, even if submitted by the same agency
- You must upload your ad by 6pm (with the upload process starting at least 30 minutes before then)
If you have questions about late ad clearance, please contact our head of copy clearance, Niamh McGuinness on firstname.lastname@example.org.