Getting your filmed ad ready for clearance FAQ
Ad clearance FAQ
Answers to questions about submitting ads for clearance
Ad clearance basics
- What is CopyCentral?
- CopyCentral is our online system that allows you to submit ads for clearance. It's the fastest way to get your ads cleared, because it consolidates all materials and communications in one place.
- How do I sign up for CopyCentral?
- If your company hasn't used Clearcast before just download and return our registration form. If your company has already signed up to CopyCentral then they will have a super-user who is responsible for setting up new users.
Getting in touch with us
- Who should we contact if we have an ad query?
- Your Clearcast contact is the best person to assist you. Alternatively, call us on 020 7339 4700 and we'll connect you to someone who can help.
Getting a script or ad cleared
- How much does it cost to clear an ad?
- Clearances are free, as long as:
- They will be aired on one of the channels for which we clear.
- They are for ads no longer than five minutes long.
Teleshopping ads longer than five minutes are charged at standard rates. We charge for other adverts on a case-by-case basis.
- How long does it take to clear an ad?
- It depends on how complex the ad is, but we always aim to meet our service levels.
- Which broadcasters does Clearcast clear ads for?
- Clearcast is owned and funded by the major UK broadcasters, which means we only clear ads to be aired by those broadcasters. See the channels for which we clear ads.
- Does Clearcast clear ads for other broadcasters?
- We are happy to offer our services to broadcasters wishing to use them. Please contact us to discuss.
- How do we upload our ad?
- Ads being submitted for clearance must be uploaded into our online submissions portal CopyCentral.
Uploading ads is straightforward, but you can Download our guide
- How do we check the progress of our ad or script in clearance?
- Our online submission portal CopyCentral is the best place to start. The script submission will show a status:
- With Clearcast means the submission is currently in your contact's inbox, awaiting their attention.
- Pending means your contact has considered the script and has placed comments on CopyCentral that require your attention.
- Our clearance request requires a consultant's input. How long will it take?
- When input from a specialist consultant is required, we do our best to work with them as quickly as possible. Typically, it takes a week or so.
However, this does depend on the how complex the issue is and how complete your supporting evidence is.
Key advertising rules
- What is a timing restriction and why has our ad been given one?
- Timing restrictions help make sure an advert is only shown at a time that is appropriate to its content.
For instance, some ads may only be shown outside programmes that are mainly watched by children. Others may only be shown after the adult watershed.
Some ads are given a 'post 1930' restriction. This is often applied to ads that contain moderate references to sex, violence or harmful behaviour.
Learn more about timing restrictions
- Our ad has been restricted to 'ex-kids'. What does this mean?
- 'Ex-kids' or 'PK' means that the ad will not be broadcast before, after or during children's programmes. These include both programmes aimed specifically at children, and those with a high proportion of child viewers.
This is not a timing restriction. It just applies to the type of programme being broadcast.
For more advice about the ex-kids restriction, get in touch with your Clearcast contact.