Late ad clearance
We’ll help get your ads to air on time
Under our standard service levels, once a pre-production script has been approved it takes up to two days for us to review post-production videos, both rough cuts and clocked TVCs.
However, we know sometimes you need to get clocked, finished ads approved faster. Perhaps you’re advertising a time-sensitive product like a newspaper or making last-minute changes to the content of an ad.
In these situations, we may be able to accept and clear your finished ad with the following day dependant differences:
- From Monday to Thursday, we’ll provisionally approve your ad so it can be broadcast that evening and up to 10am the following day.
- On Fridays, we’ll provisionally approve your ad so it can be broadcast that evening and up to 10am the following Monday.
If you have an ad that requires this sort of clearance, please let your Clearcast contact know as soon as possible. Then once your ad is ready, it must be fully uploaded into our CopyCentral system by 5pm on the day in question.
This allows us to make technical checks, provisionally clear the ad and provide clearance to the broadcaster in good time. Note that this is for ads due on air, not simply playing out.
Getting clearance after 5pm
If you need a late clearance but are unable to provide your clocked, finished ad by 5pm, we may still be able to provide clearance that evening.
If you require this service, you must let your contact know by 3pm so we can confirm whether we have staff available.
However, please note:
- We cannot guarantee this service will be available
- We can only do this by arrangement
- It is unlikely that finished ads that have no approved pre-production script will be eligible
- There is a charge of £250 + VAT per clock up to six clocks
- There is a charge of £1,500 + VAT for six or more versions of the same ad
- There is a charge of £250 + VAT per clock for ads for different products, even if submitted by the same agency
- You must upload your ad by 6pm (with the upload process starting at least 30 minutes before then)
If you have questions about late ad clearance, please speak to your usual Clearcast contact.