Advice for advertising broadband packages and contracts
On 31st October 2016 the Advertising Standards Authority strengthened their approach to broadband pricing in ads.
The basic principles are as follows:
- Compulsory one-off costs (such as set-up fee, delivery fee etc) should be presented as one inclusive price
- The ongoing monthly cost should also be one inclusive price, including the line rental where that is part of the package on offer
- Both of the above (one-off cost and ongoing cost) should be presented together alongside the contract length, without undue emphasis on any single element
- Any introductory discounted price should be made clear, along with how long that price applies for
- These elements should appear more prominently in the ad than the superimposed text containing other T&Cs
Adverts and claims are dealt with on a case-by-case basis as offer T&Cs vary. Your Clearcast contact will be able to advise on the specifics of any individual offer.